Club Shadowlands

Club Shadowlands  - Cherise Sinclair
Your expectations going into this book will make or break it for you. Seriously. If you expect beautiful literature or in depth character development or rational human behavior you’re going to be pissed. You’re going to scream things like this:

“Haven’t you ever seen a scary movie? Do NOT go in there!”

But if you go into this book expecting a fully formed BDSM fantasy you may end up screaming things more along these lines:

“Yes. Yes. Give it to me. YES!”

Because I went into this prepared for a fantasy I was pleasantly surprised when I discovered how readable it was. No really. From the very first page it was better than I expected it to be. The writing was good, the female lead likeable (minus a few irritating moments where she randomly balked) and the male lead…well…let’s just say that I’d let him tie me up anytime.

*grins*

For such a short book there was also a great buildup of sexual tension between the main characters. It was so seductively drawn out that I found myself transforming from a 28 year old woman into a total creeper, prone to waggling my eyebrows and overusing the word “Giggity”.

It was also quite funny at times and the ending was sweet but definitely not a perfectly tied up (giggity) HEA. If you’re looking for a light read or an introduction into consensual BDSM this book may be just the thing for you.